- 8 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 8 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Project Viper does sound interesting. Here's the outcome of the project — one of the meanest Land Rover Defender's by far, regarding looks and equipment.
Project Viper is not a mere mod-job, but has been designed from the ground up, and is built by a Florida-based shop called East Coast Defender.
East Coast Defender, lead by Elliot Humble and his brother Tom, began buying Land Rovers in decent condition to ship it to Europe and the UK. Soon, calls flooded in when customers started complaining about mechanical issues.
To fix that, the brothers converted a few of the Land Rover Defenders mechanically, swapping the engine with a 6.2-litre LS3 V8 engine that makes 430bhp, with the help of a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Project Viper comes with 20-inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Mud Grappler tyres. The heavy-duty axles come with mechanically locking differentials from KAM.
Other off-road goodies include a 2.0-inch lift courtesy Old Man Emu coil springs, King Off-Road Racing shocks, and a Wilwood brake package. The company also offers optional projectors, snorkels, different wheels, and interior.
Now coming to the question — how much is it? Well, given the fact that the Defender is a capable off-roader and the list of goodies Project Viper comes with, a customer will have to shell out approximately $285,000.