TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
2017 Los Angeles Auto Show: Porsche 718 Boxster GTS revealed. The GTS is the flagship model of Porsche's 718 Boxster lineup of convertible sports cars.
The new Porche 718 Boxster GTS ditches the previous GTS model's naturally aspirated flat-six engine four a turbocharged flat-four cylinder powerplant.
The new 2.5-litre turbocharged flat-four engine produces 361bhp and 470Nm of torque which is an increase of 35bhp and 50Nm of torque over the naturally aspirated six-cylinder.
The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox though owners have the option to spec a 7-speed dual clutch automatic gearbox.
Like on the new 718 Cayman GTS, power is sent to the rear axle where there is a limited slip differential which works alongside Porsche's electronically controlled torque vectoring system.
The new Porsche 718 Boxster sprints from 0-100kph in just 4.1 seconds and has a top speed of 290kph. The new Boxster GTS is 0.4 seconds quicker in the sprint to 100kph and has a 6kph higher top speed compared to the car it replaces.
Concerning design, the new 718 Boxster GTS features a tweaked front bumper, a larger rear differential, blacked out dual tailpipes mounted in the centre of the back bumper and black tinted headlamps and tail lights.
Other changes include black GTS badges on the doors and 20-inch alloy wheels. The ride height of the new Boxter GTS (like the new Cayman GTS) has been lowered by 10mm as well.
Inside, the Cayman features Alcantara inserts for the steering wheel, centre console, seats, and armrests. The new Cayman also gets Porsche's Track Precision App, which enables drivers to view, record, and analyse their track driving data on their smartphones.
The new Porsche 718 Boxster GTS comes with a host of upgrades both mechanical and cosmetic compared to the regular Boxster and Boxster S variants. However, while the performance upgrades bought by the new turbo flat-four engine are impressive, drivers will miss the soundtrack of the six-cylinder when the roof is down.