- 22 min ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 54 min ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 1 hr ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- 3 hrs ago Hero Launches Splendor Special Edition — It’s Been 25 Years Since The Splendor Was Introduced
- News TMC suspends Mukul Roy’s son Subhrangshu, son of BJP's Mukul Roy, for 6 years for anti-party comment
- Sports Indian women lose 0-4 to Korea in inconsequential 3rd match of hockey series
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
South Korean automaker SsangYong revealed the new Rexton earlier this year, and the company is already planning about its next iteration.
CarMagazine reports that the Italian firm Pininfarina will design the next-gen Rexton. This was confirmed by the CEO of SsangYong, Jong Sik Choi. The next-gen SUV is internally codenamed as D200, and the design work has already commenced.
Both Pininfarina and SsangYong are part of the Mahindra Group. So, it is evident that SsangYong would seek help from the Italian design firm for its next-gen SUV. The next-gen Rexton is expected to make its debut by 2021 or early 2022.
The next-generation Rexton is still in its early stage, and no information is available regarding the platform or the engine options. The existing model is based on the LIV-2 concept, and it is sold as G4 Rexton in the South Korean market.
The G4 Rexton draws power from a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine and a 2-litre turbocharged petrol motor. The diesel engine coupled to a 7-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Mercedes-Benz. The petrol engine gets a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
The next-gen Rexton is likely to feature an all-new design language as the Italian firm Pininfarina is behind the SUV. Although it might not look like a supercar, it will be better than the outgoing model.