- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Court grants 72 hours transit remand for 3 accused
- Sports Rublev celebrates birthday in style with home Kremlin Cup success
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
South Korean automaker SsangYong revealed the new Rexton earlier this year, and the company is already planning about its next iteration.
CarMagazine reports that the Italian firm Pininfarina will design the next-gen Rexton. This was confirmed by the CEO of SsangYong, Jong Sik Choi. The next-gen SUV is internally codenamed as D200, and the design work has already commenced.
Both Pininfarina and SsangYong are part of the Mahindra Group. So, it is evident that SsangYong would seek help from the Italian design firm for its next-gen SUV. The next-gen Rexton is expected to make its debut by 2021 or early 2022.
The next-generation Rexton is still in its early stage, and no information is available regarding the platform or the engine options. The existing model is based on the LIV-2 concept, and it is sold as G4 Rexton in the South Korean market.
The G4 Rexton draws power from a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine and a 2-litre turbocharged petrol motor. The diesel engine coupled to a 7-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Mercedes-Benz. The petrol engine gets a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
The next-gen Rexton is likely to feature an all-new design language as the Italian firm Pininfarina is behind the SUV. Although it might not look like a supercar, it will be better than the outgoing model.