- 1 hr ago 2021 Triumph Trident 660 Roadster Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Teaser Videos Released Ahead Of Launch: Watch Them Here!
- 7 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar Receives Custom Body-Kit By DC Designs: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Honda BigWing TopLine Premium Dealerships Introduced: H’ness CB 350 Offered With Festive Savings
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs RR, Match 50: Toss, Playing XI: Rajasthan Royals opt to bowl against the Kings XI Punjab
- Movies Fatima Sana Shaikh: I Was Molested When I Was 3; There's A Stigma Around Whole Sexual Abuse Issue
- Lifestyle How To Prevent Oily Eyelids From Ruining Your Make-up
- Finance Top Housing Finance Companies Offering Lower Interest Rates On Home Loan
- News Bengaluru riots: Ex-Congress Mayor Sampath Raj absconding
- Technology Excitel Plans To Offer Its Internet Services In 50 New Cities
- Travel 10 Best Places In Bangalore To Dine Out With Your Beloved This Karva Chauth
- Education DDU Entrance Exam Result 2020 Declared For UG & PG Admission 2020-21
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the next-generation Swift hatchback in the country. Autocar India reports that the new Swift will be launched in early 2018.
Before the launch, Maruti Suzuki will also showcase the new Swift at the 2018 Auto Expo in February. The new-gen Swift is the most anticipated car in the Indian market.
The next-generation Swift hatchback will be based on the HEARTECT platform which also underpins the Dzire compact sedan. The new platform incorporates high strength steel which results in a low kerb weight. So, the new hatchback will weigh around 50kg lesser than the currently sold model.
The reduction in weight makes the new Swift more agile and also increases the fuel efficiency of the hatchback. On the design front, the new Swift retains the original design of the hatchback, but at the same time, it features revamped front end and radically new rear section.
Trending On DriveSpark:
Video: Bajaj Dominar Attempts High-Speed Chase Of Royal Enfield 750cc - Gets Put In Its Place
Tata Hexa Demonstrates Extreme Off-Roading Capabilities; Crosses A River In Heavy Rain
Ford EcoSport Driver Blocks Ambulance - Here's What Happened Next
Women On Scooter Crushed By Hydraulic Crane While Changing Lane
The India-spec new-gen Swift will draw power from the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine producing 82bhp and 75bhp respectively. The diesel engine is expected to be tuned to produce more power than the current specification.
For the first time, the new Swift will be offered with an automatic transmission on both the petrol and diesel variants. Apart from that the next-gen avatar of the hatchback will also get the 5-speed gearbox as standard.
The interior of the next-gen Swift will be sportier compared to the current-gen model with new steering wheel, twin pod instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay. The cabin is also spacious and the boot space has also increased.
The new Swift is one of the most anticipated cars in India. The new-gen Swift is likely to be more premium and refined than the current-gen model. The body shell of the car is expected to be stronger and the new platform will improve the overall dynamics of the car. Mari Suzuki is also expected to introduce a sportier variant of the hatchback, the Swift Sport in India. The new Swift will be slotted below the Baleno and will rival the likes of Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and Ford Figo.