- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Sales Report (November 2022) - PV Sales Rise By 27 Per Cent
- 15 hrs ago December 2022 - New Car Launches In India - Here's What You Should Look Out For
- 18 hrs ago This Gaping Modified Toyota Fortuner Is Not For Everyone
- 20 hrs ago Top 5 7-Seater SUVs You Can Buy In India – Couldn’t Get Anymore Diverse
- Education ICSE Datesheet 2023 OUT: Check CISCE Class 10 Time Table Here
- Finance Govt Invites Bids For Privatisation, Of NMDC's Nagarnar Steel Plant
- News Ludhiana court blast: NIA arrests fugitive terrorist Harpreet Singh from Delhi airport
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: Bangla captain Tamim Iqbal ruled out of ODIs; doubtful for Test series
- Movies Vadivelu Celebrated His Naai Sekar Returns Trailer Release By Dancing And Whistling!
- Lifestyle How To Combat The Loneliness And Overcome It
- Travel Without These Checklist Your Winter Packing Is Incomplete, Have A Look
- Technology Moto X40 Pro High-Quality Renders, Video Leaked: Can It Challenge Other Flagship Devices?
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce the next-generation Swift hatchback in the country. Autocar India reports that the new Swift will be launched in early 2018.
Before the launch, Maruti Suzuki will also showcase the new Swift at the 2018 Auto Expo in February. The new-gen Swift is the most anticipated car in the Indian market.
The next-generation Swift hatchback will be based on the HEARTECT platform which also underpins the Dzire compact sedan. The new platform incorporates high strength steel which results in a low kerb weight. So, the new hatchback will weigh around 50kg lesser than the currently sold model.
The reduction in weight makes the new Swift more agile and also increases the fuel efficiency of the hatchback. On the design front, the new Swift retains the original design of the hatchback, but at the same time, it features revamped front end and radically new rear section.
Trending On DriveSpark:
Video: Bajaj Dominar Attempts High-Speed Chase Of Royal Enfield 750cc - Gets Put In Its Place
Tata Hexa Demonstrates Extreme Off-Roading Capabilities; Crosses A River In Heavy Rain
Ford EcoSport Driver Blocks Ambulance - Here's What Happened Next
Women On Scooter Crushed By Hydraulic Crane While Changing Lane
The India-spec new-gen Swift will draw power from the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine producing 82bhp and 75bhp respectively. The diesel engine is expected to be tuned to produce more power than the current specification.
For the first time, the new Swift will be offered with an automatic transmission on both the petrol and diesel variants. Apart from that the next-gen avatar of the hatchback will also get the 5-speed gearbox as standard.
The interior of the next-gen Swift will be sportier compared to the current-gen model with new steering wheel, twin pod instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay. The cabin is also spacious and the boot space has also increased.
The new Swift is one of the most anticipated cars in India. The new-gen Swift is likely to be more premium and refined than the current-gen model. The body shell of the car is expected to be stronger and the new platform will improve the overall dynamics of the car. Mari Suzuki is also expected to introduce a sportier variant of the hatchback, the Swift Sport in India. The new Swift will be slotted below the Baleno and will rival the likes of Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and Ford Figo.