- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 11 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Finance RBI Liquidity Window Can Augment Healthcare Infra
- Movies Happy Birthday Vijay Deverakonda: 5 Praiseworthy Performances Of The Rowdy Star
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The 2018 Honda Accord engine specifications revealed ahead of its global unveiling.
The V6-powered Honda Accord is considered as one of the most underrated enthusiast cars. The Accord is quiet, comfortable and genuinely quick which makes it a good daily car.
However, the days of the V6 is sadly almost over. Honda has revealed the engine specifications of the next-generation Accord. The all-new Accord will come with two turbocharged inline-fours, a 1.5-litre and a 2.0-litre unit, which replaces the V6.
Also, there is a third motor on offer on the 10th generation Honda Accord, a next-generation two-motor hybrid system developed in-house by the Japanese carmaker. The gearbox option includes 6-speed manuals for both the petrol models.
Buyers of the Accord hybrid model will have the option of a 10-speed, Honda-developed automatic gearbox and the first ever 10-speed fitted to a front-wheel drive car. Also, there is the CVT gearbox offered on the 1.5-litre model.
As per Honda, the all-new car will be the most stylish, refined, fuel-efficient, and fun-to-drive Accord ever. The new Accord will sit on a new platform which underpins the Civic and CR-V and is expected to adopt some of Civic's fastback design language.
With the V6-Accord not being offered on the next-generation car, it is indeed sad to see the end of the V6 engine in the mid-size sedan. However, the 2.0-litre four cylinder sounds interesting, and most of all Honda has not given up on the manual gearbox.