TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Japanese automaker Mitsubishi has teased a new concept model ahead of its debut at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show in October.
The concept model brings back the iconic Evolution moniker as it is named as e-Evolution Concept. It's an SUV with the coupe-like rear design.
The e-prefix of the concept model suggests that the SUV will be equipped with an electric powertrain. The SUV will also feature all-wheel-drive system as other vehicles in Mitsubishi's product portfolio.
Mitsubishi has stated that the concept model previews the company's future products in both design and powertrain as well as artificial intelligence. This suggests that autonomous technology will be used in future models.
The teaser image reveals the rear section of the SUV which features coupe design with raked windscreen, T-shaped tail lamps and cut in the C-pillar for a floating roof effect. It's the first time that Mitsubishi has used the Evolution name after discontinuing the iconic Lancer Evolution.
Mitsubishi has not confirmed about the production of the concept model, but the automaker has stated that it will be their flagship SUV.
With the new concept model, Mitsubishi has used its iconic Evolution moniker. But it's an SUV with some electrification and futuristic design language. But it will retain the image of a hardcore SUV with its performance.