- 9 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 10 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Technology Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
British automaker MG Motors owned by Chinese automobile group SAIC has already announced that it will be entering the Indian market in 2019.
To make a mark in one of the fastest growing automobile markets, MG Motors is eying the segments which contribute to the major number of sales in the country.
GaadiWaadi reports that MG Motors' first product in the country will be the ZS compact SUV which is likely to be launched in 2019. The MG ZS will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta which has been a successful product in India and has garnered a huge sales volume.
MG Motor India has also launched its official Facebook page and has released a teaser video for the MG ZS and GS SUVs. We expect the MG ZS to be manufactured at the company's Halol plant and will be priced competitively to take on the established rivals.
MG Motors already retails the ZS compact SUV in the UK. The UK-spec MG ZS if offered with two engine options, a 1-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual gearbox on the 1-litre unit and 5-speed manual gearbox on the 1.5-litre engine.
In terms of design, the MG ZS features an aggressive stance. The front fascia of the SUV sports a large grille, projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and skid plate. The rear profile of the ZS features roof-mounted spoiler; wraparound LED tail lamp cluster and skid plate. The SUV is equipped with 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
The interior of the MG ZS sports flat-bottom steering wheel, a large instrument cluster with connectivity options, horizontal air vents above the centre console and silver trim highlighting the dashboard. The upholstery materials are of premium quality and features comfortable seats.
The safety features of the MG ZS include dual-front airbags, curtain airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, emergency brake assist, hill launch assist, tyre pressure monitoring system and rear parking assist. The compact SUV will be offered in a five-seater configuration when launched in India.
The compact SUV segment has seen a rapid growth in the Indian market. Sensing this, MG Motor India is planning to launch a compact SUV when the company enters the Indian market in 2019. When launched, MG ZS will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano.