- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 24 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Karnataka coalition on edge? Two Congress MLAs meet BJP leader SM Krishna
- Sports Pochettino fears Kane call could decide Champions League final
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
UK-based automaker MG Motor has inaugurated its first-ever manufacturing facility in India, through a minimum initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore.
With an initial capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll-out its first product from the plant in 2019.
The state-of-the-art facility, spread over an area of 170 acres, will be completely revamped by MG Motor by 2019. The company has hired an initial workforce of 70 employees at the plant. The facility will also create a significant number of jobs as part of the ‘Make in India' and ‘Skill India' initiatives.
The greenfield facility was inaugurated with a traditional Indian ‘Puja' ceremony during the auspicious occasion of Navratras, in the presence of all MG Motor India employees, MG Motor International employees and key representatives of the local administration including Gujarat government.
President and Managing Director of MG Motor India, Rajeev Chaba said, "Today is a water-shed moment for the MG brand in India with the inauguration of our first-ever manufacturing facility here.The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK."
P Balendran, Executive Director, MG Motor India said, "We greatly appreciate the pro-active approach displayed by the Gujarat government in facilitating the smooth transfer approval of the Halol plant and granting us the required approvals to re-start the operations."
MG Motor has acquired the Halol manufacturing plant from General Motors to set up its shop in the Indian market. The British automaker is expected to introduce a slew of products starting from 2019 which will include a hatchback, sedan and an SUV.