- 1 hr ago Porsche & Boeing Enter Partnership To Develop Premium Electric Flying Cars
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 Prices Increased In India: Price Hike Only For Standard & Darknight Edition Models
- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Maruti XL5 (Premium WagonR) Spied Testing Yet Again: Fresh Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- News Haryana sees increase in number of candidates with pending criminal cases
- Lifestyle APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday: Quotes And Facts About The Former President Of India
- Technology Realme X2 Pro Hands-On Video Leaked Ahead Of October 15 Launch
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Pokes Fun At Kareena Kapoor & Karan Johar's Discussion On Alia-Ranbir's Love Life!
- Sports Klopp's boisterous behaviour not for show – Milner
- Finance Should You Get The Rs 1 Crore Life Insurance Cover?
- Travel 8 Most Dangerous Road Routes In India
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
UK-based automaker MG Motor has inaugurated its first-ever manufacturing facility in India, through a minimum initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore.
With an initial capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll-out its first product from the plant in 2019.
The state-of-the-art facility, spread over an area of 170 acres, will be completely revamped by MG Motor by 2019. The company has hired an initial workforce of 70 employees at the plant. The facility will also create a significant number of jobs as part of the ‘Make in India' and ‘Skill India' initiatives.
The greenfield facility was inaugurated with a traditional Indian ‘Puja' ceremony during the auspicious occasion of Navratras, in the presence of all MG Motor India employees, MG Motor International employees and key representatives of the local administration including Gujarat government.
President and Managing Director of MG Motor India, Rajeev Chaba said, "Today is a water-shed moment for the MG brand in India with the inauguration of our first-ever manufacturing facility here.The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK."
P Balendran, Executive Director, MG Motor India said, "We greatly appreciate the pro-active approach displayed by the Gujarat government in facilitating the smooth transfer approval of the Halol plant and granting us the required approvals to re-start the operations."
MG Motor has acquired the Halol manufacturing plant from General Motors to set up its shop in the Indian market. The British automaker is expected to introduce a slew of products starting from 2019 which will include a hatchback, sedan and an SUV.