- 9 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Best smartphones with 5000 mAh battery to buy in India
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- News Weather today: Isolated rains in Bengaluru, Delhi to experience wet day
- Movies Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor's White Tuxedo Gets A Twist; Her Boss Lady Look Is On Point!
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
German carmaker Mercedes has confirmed that the Formula One derived Project One hypercar will debut at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Accompanying the announcement of the hypercar's imminent arrival at Frankfurt was a darkened teaser image of the Mercedes-AMG Project One which showed off the front end of the Formula One derived car.
The teaser image reveals the headlights of the Project One which look to sport three u-shaped LED units each. Also seen are the AMG logo (engraved in the front bumper's air intake) and Merc's three-pointed star.
Mercedes-AMG also confirmed that the F1-derived hybrid hypercar, known by its working name, Project One, will produce more than 1,000hp from its hybrid powertrain and will have a top speed in excess of 350kph.
The Project One's engine will be a heavily revised version of the electrically turbocharged 1.6-litre V6 that powers the Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+ F1 car currently being driven by Lewis Hamilton and Valteri Bottas in the 2017 season of F1. The turbocharged engine will rev to an ear ache inducing 11,000rpm and will have a thermal efficiency of 40 percent, something unheard of in production petrol cars.
The public debut of the Mercedes-AMG Project One hypercar just made the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show, the most awaited event of the automotive calendar. With all the power in the world and some crazy hybrid witchcraft at work, we hope it doesn't sound as dreary as the F1 car it is based on.