TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The McLaren 570S Spyder was launched only recently, and it was already a good-looking supercar. McLaren refer their 570S and 540C models as 'Sports Series' even though the models are as capable as any average supercar currently out there.
This white McLaren 570S Spyder is particularly special because of its paint. The MSO-specced Muriwai White colour was inspired by the walls of Bruce McLaren's former home in New Zealand.
The house was named after the coastal community in Auckland (North Island, New Zealand), Muriwai, where Bruce McLaren won his first-ever motor racewhen he was just 15.
Bruce McLaren was born in New Zealand and moved to Great Britain in 1958 after receiving a scholarship in racing (Yes, scholarships are not only for Engineering and Medicine). While the then established Bruce McLaren Racing was doing really well in Britain, he and his wife, Patty, moved into the Muriwai home after their only child, Amanda was born.
Amanda McLaren shared her thoughts on this special 570S saying, "I'm sure my parents would have loved this ‘Muriwai' colour, and they would be so proud of the 570S Spider and the other McLaren road cars, as that is where my father saw the future of the company. The M12GT was his vision of the road-going supercar and the DNA of that 1969 car is evident in all of McLaren Automotive's products. To compare photos of the M12GT outside our old house with the 570S Spider today is a rather lovely circle to behold."
The McLaren 570S Spyder has 3.8-lite twin-turbo V8, putting out 562bhp @ 7500rpm and 600Nm @ 5000rpm. It has a 7-speed Seamless Shift dual clutch Gearbox (SSG), and can reach speeds up to 328km/h. 0-100km/h takes only 3.2 seconds.
MSO or McLaren Special Operations (Just like Ad Personam for Lamborghini) plans to extend the Muriwai White colour to other McLaren models too, as an option.
McLaren sells one of the best cars, if not The Best, in the supercar category; the latest example being the 720S. McLaren's 3.8-litre engine (now upgraded to a 4-litre) is so adaptable that, its usage ranged from their base 540C to their flagship, P1. This particular 570S looks spectacular in the Muriwai White shade, and it serves as a perfect homage to the legend, Bruce McLaren.