TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Japanese automaker Mazda has revealed the updated iteration of the '6' sedan at the ongoing 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show.
The Mazda 6 facelift features a new chassis settings which are said to offer better handling and a more comfortable driving experience.
The new facelifted Mazda 6 features only subtle changes to the exterior design. The refreshed sedan features a new front grille with thick surroundings, new LED headlights and newly designed 17-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels. The new Mazda 6 now comes with a new Soul Red Crystal paint scheme.
The interior of the new Mazda 6 sports a 7-inch TFT instrument cluster, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console and ventilated seats. Mazda will also offer Nappa leather on the top-spec models.
The US-spec Mazda 6 is available in two engine options, a Skyactiv 2.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol and a 2.5-litre turbocharged engine of the same layout. The naturally aspirated engine is available with a manual gearbox, whereas the turbocharged unit is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Mazda 6 facelift also features new suspension geometry, tweaked spring rates and extra chassis braces which translates into an improved rigidity. Mazda has also equipped the sedan with a rigid-mounted steering column to enhance the steering response.
All the changes made on the new Mazda 6 will result in reduced NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) levels and an improved ride quality. The engineers have also nullified the understeer by giving a neutral setup to the sedan.
The new Mazda 6 facelift has been tweaked under the skin to offer a more comfortable and engaging driving experience. On the exterior, the sedan gets only subtle changes. The Mazda 6 will rival the likes of Volkswagen Passat when it goes on sale by mid-2018.