TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Maserati has already commenced testing the prototype version of the Levante GTS. The SUV will draw power from a 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine which is found in the Quattroporte GTS.
The V8 motor pumps out 523bhp of power and 649Nm of torque. The Levante GTS is expected to be equipped with an 8-speed automatic gearbox delivering power to all the wheels. The SUV will also feature modification to the chassis for sporty handling.
The GTS version of the Levante will get larger wheels and will feature more aggressive bumpers to enhance the sporty appeal of the SUV. The interior is expected to sport premium materials such as carbon fibre to distinguish it from the Levante S.
After the introduction of the Levante GTS, Maserati will also launch a hybrid variant of the SUV. It will be powered by a V6 petrol engine and an electric motor. The SUV will deliver a pure electric range of 53km.
The Maserati Levante GTS will be powerful than its rival, the Porsche Cayenne which pumps out 513bhp and will be within reach of the upcoming Range Rover Velar SVR which is likely to deliver around 542bhp.