TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
CarAndBike reports that Maruti Suzuki will also introduce the hot version of the hatchback, the Swift Sport in India soon after the launch of the regular variant of the Swift.
Maruti Suzuki will first launch the regular petrol and diesel variants of the Swift in India, and it will be followed by the Sport, and later the hybrid version of the hatchback will be launched. The Swift Sport will make its India debut at the 2018 Auto Expo in February and will be launched in a few months from then.
The overall design of the Swift Sport is similar to the regular Swift, but it features a revamped front fascia and few other detailing to reflect its sporty nature. The car features side skirts, gloss black grille, redesigned bumper diamond cut alloy wheels and black diffuser with twin exhausts.
The interior of the Swift Sport is similar to the regular model but gets red accents across the dashboard to suit the cars aggressive character. The centre console will feature a touchscreen infotainment system. The layout will be similar to the Indian models such as Baleno and S-Cross.
The Maruti Swift Sport draws power from a 1.4-litre Boosterjet petrol engine churning out 138bhp and 230Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The kerb weight of the Swift Sport stands at just 970kg which is 80kg lighter than the previous model.
India has been waiting for the Swift Sport for a long time, and it looks like Maruti has finally heard the customers plead. The Swift Sport will be the most affordable sporty hatchback in India as compared to its rivals such as Volkswagen Polo GT and Fiat Abarth Punto. Later, Maruti will also launch the hybrid variant of the hatchback which will boast an impressive fuel economy.