- 2 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- 2 hrs ago Kia Sonet GTX+ Variant Prices Revealed: Range-Topping Petrol & Diesel Trims Offered At Rs 12.89 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago MG Motors Unveils Advanced-Features List On Upcoming Gloster SUV: Bookings Now Open
- 5 hrs ago Tata Hexa BS6 XMA 4X4 Variant Spotted Testing In Pune: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
- Sports IPL 2020: Sara Tendulkar reacts to Shubman Gill’s fielding effort
- News After testing positive for Covid-19, Karnataka Congress MLA B Narayan Rao dies at 65
- Education KEAM 2020 Topper Marks And List For Engineering And Pharmacy
- Movies Arjun Rampal In Home Quarantine; gets Tested After Nail Polish Co-Stars Test COVID-19 Positive
- Finance Gold Prices In India Drop On Weak Global Sentiments
- Lifestyle What Is Perimenopause? Signs And Symptoms, And Home Remedies
- Technology Reliance Jio Partners With 22 Foreign Airlines To Offer In Flight Tariff Plans
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Alpha AMT launched in India. The Maruti Suzuki Ignis Alpha AMT is priced at Rs 7,01,143 for the petrol and Rs 8,08,050 for the diesel (prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
The new Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT brings Maruti's Auto Gear Shift (automated manual) gearbox to the top-spec variant of the Ignis hatchback.
Mechanically, the engines on both petrol and diesel Ignis Alpha variants remain unchanged. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque while the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine cranks out 74bhp and 190Nm of torque.
The Alpha-spec Ignis gets a whole host of features including LED daytime running lights, a large 'floating' touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, interior panels that match the exterior paint jobs which also come in three different dual tone shades.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis also comes packed with safety features including ABS with EBD, Dual front airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners with force limiters, ISOFIX child seat anchorage mounts and a pedestrian protection system.
Maruti's decision not to equip the top-spec Alpha variants of the Ignis with the AMT gearbox at launch was a baffling one which has now been thankfully sorted out. The Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT will now allow Ignis owners to combine the Alpha-spec car's fully-loaded features with the ease of driving around in an automatic car.