TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The recall has affected around 21,494 units of Maruti Dzire manufactured between February 23, 2017 to July 10, 2017.
TeamBHP reports that Maruti Suzuki has issued a notification about the Dzire recall on its official website which suggests that the owners of the affected models were contacted from October 3, 2017.
The owners of the affected models can take the car for an inspection to the nearest Maruti Suzuki service centre and get the faulty part replaced free of cost. The owners can also check if their cars are affected or not by entering the car's Vehicle Identification Number (MA3 followed by 14 digits) on the website.
The new Maruti Dzire has been a successful product for the Indian automaker as it has already sold more than one lakh units in just five months since its launch. The new Dzire is based on the new-gen Swift hatchback with new exterior and interior design.
Currently, the Maruti Dzire commands a waiting period of three months. Despite that, the customers are opting for the compact sedan because of its new features, stylish design and excellent mileage.
This is not the first recall of Dzire in the Indian market. Previously, the compact sedan was recalled over a faulty steering assembly. But it is a good move by Maruti Suzuki and has informed the customers about the defect in the car. The automaker has also provided a platform to check if your car is affected or not.