TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Injured Navy Commander Abhilash Tomy Rescued: Shifted To The French Fishing Vessel, Osiris
- Panasonic AI-Driven Smartphones Coming To India On October 4
- A Rare Condition Makes This 25-Year-Old Look Like A 12-Year-Old
- EXCLUSIVE: Radhika Madan Says She Looks Up To Ranbir & Alia
- The Picturesque Pachmarhi Has A Haunted Forest — Learn All About It Here!
- These Are The Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India — Is Yours On The List?
The round five of Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017 (Season 1) successfully concluded at the Leisure Valley Grounds in Gurugram.
The fifth round of the championship witnessed the participation of more than 300 competitors from Delhi-NCR and neighbouring cities.
The strategically designed course posed a challenge for the competitors, and the neck-to-neck competition gave the crowd a solid reason to cheer. After three days of racing, Vishal Kataria emerged as the fastest amateur driver, Aabhishek Mishra won the overall fastest driver title, and Bani Yadav was the fastest female driver across categories.
To enable easy paricipation, Maruti Suzuki has simplified the registration process wherein people with valid driving licences can get registered on the spot. Another prominent highlight of the event is that competitors without modified cars can also take part in the event.
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017 (Season 1) was kicked off from Bengaluru on September 8, 2017, and will move to the East Zone to Guwahati and will host the sixth round of Autoprix which starts on January 5, 2018.
Deputy General Manager, Marketing, Maruti Suzuki India, Aman Dhingra said, "It is heartening to see the overwhelming success and participation that Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017 has garnered across the country, especially Gurugram."
Maruti Suzuki's Autoprix 2017 has been an ideal platform for motorsports enthusiasts to showcase their skills. The best part of the competition is that the participants are allowed to compete even if they do not own a modified car. This has been a key factor in the success of the championship.