TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Mahindra XUV500 petrol launched in India. The new Mahindra XUV500 petrol model is available in a single variant and comes with a 6-speed automatic gearbox sourced from AISIN, Japan. The petrol-powered Mahindra XUV500 is priced at Rs 15.49 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Mahindra XUV500 petrol version is named as the 'G AT' variant, and under the hood, the SUV is powered by the indigenously developed 2.2-litre mHawk petrol engine that generates 138bhp & 320Nm of torque.
The engine is married to a 6-speed automatic gearbox sourced, which has features like the creep function and manual mode option. Visually, the XUV500 petrol model is the same as the diesel model currently available in the market.
Other features include 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, puddle lamps with logo projection on the ORVMs, static bending lights, connectivity features such as Android Auto, Apple CarPlay is not available.
Additionally, there is the fully automatic temperature control, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, light sensing headlamps, passive keyless entry, 8-way adjustable driver seat among others.
Regarding safety features, the Mahindra XUV500 petrol version comes with dual front airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, ABS with EBD and Emergency Call.
According to Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales & Marketing - Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd , "Since its launch, the XUV500 has been a trendsetter in the premium SUV segment with a great value proposition plus head-turning style and a plethora of hi-tech features."
"The introduction of the XUV500 G AT petrol variant will excite consumers who have been eagerly awaiting a petrol option. The G AT variant delivers impressive performance that has come to be synonymous with the XUV500."
Mahindra has added a petrol variant to its best-selling XUV500, and now the SUV can boast of both diesel and petrol versions. That said, Mahindra could have offered the choice of a manual gearbox as well.