TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Mahindra & Mahindra launched the facelifted version of the KUV100 at an attractive price in India. At the launch event, the home-grown utility vehicle manufacturer revealed that the electric KUV100 would be launched in India by late 2018 or early 2019.
Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra, who announced the launch details also said that the company would introduce electric versions for all its future crossovers and SUVs.
Among the first is the electric Mahindra KUV100. Mahindra's electric vehicle division, Mahindra Electric offers the e2o Plus, and the e-Verito in the passenger vehicle segment and the e-Supro in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) segment, the only all-electric vehicles in India currently.
Pawan Goenka said "Whether we have 20 percent electric vehicles by 2030 or 100 percent is perhaps a multi-billion dollar question. As of now, Mahindra is hedging its bet and has decided that for all crossover and SUVs, we will be working on electric versions in future."
Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, M&M said, "the electric KUV100 will get an all-new electric powertrain." This confirms that the company will not employ the existing electric powertrain seen in the e2o Plus.
Mahindra & Mahindra is on the right path with electrifying its existing fleet instead os developing an all-new vehicle. This will help offset some cost and eventually overall pricing of the KUV100 will be competitive in the market.