- Mahindra S201 Compact-SUV Spied Testing Again
- New Force Gurkha Xtreme Vs Mahindra Thar Comparison: Design, Specifications, Features And Price
- Mahindra NuvoSport Discontinued — Low Sales To Be Blamed?
- Mahindra TUV300 Plus Accessories List: Chrome Elements, Bull Bars, Alloy Wheels, Stereo & More
- Mahindra TUV300 Plus Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 9.47 Lakh
- The Mahindra S201 Compact SUV Interiors Spied — To Rival The Maruti Vitara Brezza
Mahindra e2o Plus City Smart launched in India. Prices for the new Mahindra e2o Plus City Smart start at Rs 7.46 lakh (Ex-showroom Haryana).
The new electric Mahindra e2o Plus CitySmart car, on a full charge, can travel for up to 140kms and can achieve a top speed of 85km/h. Powering the Mahindra e2o Plus CitySmart is a latest electric drivetrain technology from Mahindra Electric.
Customers can choose between 4 trim levels (P2, P4, P6, P8) and four exciting colours: Coral Blue, Sparkling Wine, Arctic Silver, Solid White. The P2, P4 and P6 variants come with 48V battery capacity; the P8 comes with a 72V battery.
The 48V battery sends power to 3 Phase AC Induction Motors which produces 25.5bhp and 70Nm of torque, while the 72V battery sends power to same motors but produces 40bhp and 91Nm of torque.
The new e2o Plus CitySmart electric car comes with updated features, this includes:
- Remote diagnostics through telematics
- Connectivity through smartphone app
- New and advanced infotainment system
- Regenerative braking
- Hill Hold control for easy driving in hilly terrains
- REVive® for reserve charge and automated messages amongst others
Mahindra Electric, the manufacturer of electric cars for the Mahindra & Mahindra, says the e20 Plus CitySmart electric car has a low running cost. At just 70p/km, the e2oPlus beats almost all other cars on operating expenses. Self-employed and businesses can avail tax savings of close to Rs. 1.6 lakhs on the purchase of the e2o Plus in the first year itself.
Commenting on the launch, Mahesh Babu, CEO, Mahindra Electric said, "Mahindra strongly believes in sustainable mobility. We are one of the first to invest in electric technology and being the pioneers we are committed to creating a cleaner and more sustainable mobility solutions. We are very happy to launch the e2oPlus in one of India's most modern and upcoming IT hub. We believe that the people of Gurugram will appreciate the EV technology and its contribution towards a greener environment."
With electric cars making inroads in the mass market, Mahindra is at the forefront in offering electric cars in India. The Mahindra e2o electric car is a zero polluting car and touted as India's first electric car manufactured by a home-grown company.