- Kia Grand Carnival MPV Spotted Testing In India — To Rival Toyota Innova Crysta
- Exclusive: The 2018 Kia Cerato Spotted In India For The First Time — To Rival The Hyundai Verna
- Kia Considering The Stonic And Grand Carnival For India
- Kia Stinger GT S Spotted In Chennai — Kia Motors Considering An India Launch Of The Stinger GT?
- Kia Motors India Will Bid For Supply Of Electric Cars To The Government — But There Is A Catch!
- Kia SP Concept: Expected Launch, Details & Features — What To Expect From The India-Specific SUV?
Chief Operating Officer and Head of International Business, Kia Motors Corp, Tae-Hyun Oh stated that the company would initially produce at least three models in India.
The first model from Kia Motors will be a mid-sized SUV to rival the likes of Hyundai Creta. The Indian product portfolio will be a combination of SUVs, sedans and hatchbacks. Kia will focus on producing stylish and feature rich vehicles to lure young customers.
Apart from that Kia plans to extensively use the locally sourced components in the first mid-sized SUV. This will help to keep the costs in check and competitively price the SUV in India.
Kia has already commenced working to finalise its products for the Indian market at the Korean research and development centre. Previously it was reported that the automaker would showcase three or four models at the 2018 Auto Expo.
As per emerging reports, apart from the compact SUV and sedan, Kia will also showcase high-end premium cars. The new premium models will help the company to shed its low-cost car manufacturer image.
Kia Motors will enter the Indian market in 2019 with its products ranging from hatchback to SUV. The company will introduce a compact sedan, hatchback and a mid-sized SUV in the country. The automaker also plans to set up its dealership network across the country by the end of 2019.