TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
The report states that the electric vehicle will offer impressive performance and handling because of powerful electric motors. The new Road Rover model will have a driving range of around 480km and can sprint from 0-60km/h in less than five seconds.
Not much details are available about the first Road Rover model. But Jaguar Land Rover is likely to launch the new brand at the Los Angeles Auto Show in 2019 before hitting the markets in 2020.
The new Road Rover model will be joined by a fleet of other vehicles with a combination of on-road performance and off-road ruggedness. The Road Rover will have its design language similar to the Velar.
Jaguar Land Rover has concluded that best way to improve the sales is to utilise the growing SUV and crossover segment and also with a range of all-electric crossovers. The name Road Rover also has some history; it was used in the 1950s by an experimental model.
Jaguar Land Rover will introduce a new Road Rover models by the end of this decade. The new brand will feature several electric models to boost the sales in the global market. JLR has taken a bold step by shifting its focus towards eco-friendly vehicles.