TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Can Aadhaar Be Made Mandatory? — Supreme Court To Say Soon
- OnePlus 6T Confirmed To Launch In India On 17th October
- Most Unlucky Numbers From Around The World
- Baazaar Trailer — Saif Will Keep You On The Edge Of Your Seat
- Sikkim's First Airport At Pakyong — Here's All You Need To Know
- Donald Trump’s New Limo Makes First Public Appearance
The upcoming 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance that is to be held in California is already getting enthusiasts on the edge of their seats. One of the highlights to look out for will be the Infiniti retro prototype electric vehicle that will be unveiled.
Infiniti claims that the heritage inspired prototype captures the ingenuity and adventure of early motorsports with the brand's contemporary "Powerful Elegance" design language.
Although styling dates back to almost 70 years ago, the car is expected to feature an advanced electric motor. Infiniti has based the car on a barn find, somewhere in Japan.
Alfonso Albaisa, Senior Vice President, Global Design at Infiniti says, "It started as a simple thought: What if we found a car, down at the southern tip of Japan, buried deep in the barn, hidden from all eyes for 70 years?"
"What if in this car we found the seed of passion planted during our first Japanese Grand Prix and the power and artistry of Infiniti today? What would this discovery look like?"
The retro EV concept is something new for Infiniti, and by the looks of what the carmaker has teased, the prototype looks promising. Infiniti has not shared any details regarding the car, drivetrain, or production. Until the 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance kicks off, watch this space for more.