TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Hyundai India General Manager and Group Head, Marketing, Puneet Anand revealed that the company would not use the Santro brand for the upcoming small car.
During the new Verna's launch, Hyundai revealed that a new compact car is under development and will be introduced in the second half of 2018. Previously several reports stated that Hyundai would retain the Santro brand for its new-gen small car.
Anand said, "It was originally supposed to be titled the Santro. But it is likely to be named something else, keeping the current market scenario in mind."
The new-generation hatchback could draw power from the 1.2-litre petrol engine which is currently deployed in the Grand i10. But the prominent highlight of the new small car is the new AMT gearbox which is being developed by Hyundai.
On the design front, the new-gen compact hatchback will be wider and bigger than the Santro to offer more cabin and boot space. The car might also feature design elements of a crossover to broaden its audience.
The upcoming small car from Hyundai will be slotted between the Eon and Grand i10. Apart from the compact hatchback, Hyundai will also launch a compact SUV in 2019 to rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport.
The new-gen small car from Hyundai is likely to come with a host of features to tackle its modern rivals. The compact family car will rival the likes of Tata Tiago and Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Expect the car to be priced around Rs 4 lakh ex-showroom.