- Movies Kamal Haasan, Chiranjeevi To Trisha Krishnan: South Stars Who Made A Smashing Comeback In 2022
- News 3 Kashmiri Pundits among 14 minorities killed in J&K so far in 2022: Govt
- Finance ITR Filing- Who Should File ITR Mandatorily and Who are Exempted?
- Travel Best Offbeat Destinations To Visit In North India During Winters
- Sports PKL 2022: Tamil Thalaivas down UP Yoddhas to reach their first-ever playoffs
- Technology Tecno Phantom X2 Series Launched With MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC, Retractable
- Education AIMA MAT 2022 Admit Card Out At mat.aima.in; Get Direct Link Here
- Lifestyle How Personality Traits Can Predict People's Musical Taste
South Korean automaker Hyundai is all set to launch the Creta facelift in the India market. GaadiWaadi reports that the updated sub-compact SUV will be launched in the country by the second half of 2018.
Launched back in July 2015, the Creta was an instant hit in the Indian market with buyers opting for five-seater SUVs instead of hatchbacks.
The Hyundai Creta is one of the best-selling SUV in India, next to Maruti Brezza. The new updated version of the SUV was first showcased at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show with cosmetic and mechanical updates. But the India-spec model will be slightly different from that.
The 2018 Hyundai Creta is also known as the ix25 SUV in the global market. On the design front, the new Creta will feature a redesigned front grille with chrome trim, new radiator grille and sleek fog lamps. The headlamps and LED DRLs are identical to the currently sold model.
The rear profile of the updated Creta features redesigned tail lamp cluster, slightly tweaked bumper with new reflectors on either side. Apart from that the overall design and dimensions of the 2018 Creta remain unchanged.
The interior of the Creta facelift also gets a host of updates and features 7-inch infotainment system and multifunction steering wheel. Expect Hyundai to offer new trim options for the seat upholstery, the overall design of the dashboard is identical to the 2017 model.
On the mechanical front, the Creta facelift is expected to draw power from the 1.6-litre petrol with 123bhp and 151Nm of torque, a 1.4-litre diesel unit with 89bhp and a 126bhp 1.6-litre oil burner which is seen on the current model. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic gearbox.
The Creta facelift has been spotted several times on Indian roads with heavy camouflage, and the SUV is undergoing testing. Apart from the Creta SUV, Hyundai will also introduce the facelifted avatar of Elite i20.
With the introduction of the Creta facelift, Hyundai is aiming to consolidate its position in the SUV segment in India. The new 2018 iteration of the SUV will boast updated features and subtle changes to the design. We expect Hyundai to showcase the Creta facelift at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.