TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Arvind Kejriwal To Sit On Indefinite Fast From March 1 For Delhi Statehood
- Bangalore Air Show 2019 Fire Accident; Nearly 300 Vehicles Burnt To Ashes — Watch The Video
- Microsoft Will End Windows 7 Support In July 2019
- Railways To Issue Linked PNRs For Onward Journeys
- Sri Lanka Makes History In The World Of Cricket
- Cringe Photoshop Fails That Will Leave You Shocked
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Ford has filed a patent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office which shows a conventional cup holder placed at the centre of a gimbal.
The idea is to prevent spillage of beverages when any external force acts on the cup holder. The gimbal will tilt if any forces such as acceleration, braking or turning acts on the cup holder.
The patent images also show a weight at the bottom of the cup holder, which helps the gimbal to make proper corrections. It is not an advanced technology but a simple and effective solution for day-to-day use.
Apart from that the patent also reveals a lip guard to protect cup holder against any dirt or debris interfering the operation of the gimbal. It also acts as a guard to prevent the gimbal from tilting too far in any direction.
The self-levelling cup holders might sound extreme, but it is one such feature which will make your life easy inside the vehicle. As of now, it's just a patent, and there is no guarantee that it will make it to production.
The self-levelling cup holders are a simple and effective way to prevent the spillage of beverages inside a vehicle. But it may look like too much work for a simple device. But customers these days are looking for such usability options in a vehicle.