- 2018 Ford EcoSport Crash Test Results Revealed
- Ford India Recalls Over 4000 EcoSport SUVs For Voluntary Inspection
- Ford EcoSport Four-Wheel-Drive Variant Spotted Testing In India
- New Ford Figo And Ford Aspire Facelift Unveiled — India Launch Soon
- Ford’s New Patent For Motorcycle Filtering Detection Technology
- Ford EcoSport S EcoBoost Review — Downsizing Done Right?
Germany has instructed its road transport authority to inspect Ford's mid-sized sedan, the Mondeo for illegal emission cheating device.
Business weekly WirtschaftsWoche reported that the inspection of Ford Mondeo's was prompted by the emission test data that could indicate the usage of the cheating device.
An institute in Germany has been commissioned to carry out the inspection which has already commenced. The German transport ministry did not comment on the issue.
Ford Germany has stated that all its vehicles and engines including the latest diesel engine comply with the emission standards.The automaker also said that it is not using any cheating device on emission tests.
Ford revealed that German transport ministry had contacted it regarding the Mondeo 2-litre diesel engine models. The automaker also said that it would cooperate for inspecting the diesel engines.
Since Volkswagen admitted the use of the cheating device on its diesel engines in the US, the automobile industry is under scrutiny for excessive emissions. Ford is the latest addition to this list. Volkswagen, BMW and Daimler have announced incentives for customers exchanging their old diesel vehicles with the latest model.
The diesel engines have been under the scanner since Volkswagen's emission scandal was revealed in the US market. VW Group's brands such as Audi and Porsche are also facing investigations over emission tests. Now, Ford is also facing inspections in Germany.