TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Prices of the Ford Endeavour have been increased by up to Rs 1.8 lakh under the new GST Cess rates for SUVs. The Endeavour's price hike ranges from Rs 1.2 lakh to Rs 1.8 lakh depending on the variant.
The new prices of the Ford Endeavour start from Rs 25.95 lakh going up to Rs 32.68 lakh. As per the revised GST Cess, SUVs in the India attract 22 percent compared to the previous 15 percent. The total tax on SUVs now stands at 50 percent, which includes 28 percent GST and 22 percent additional cess.
The GST Council has revised the GST Cess on mid-sized and large cars and SUVs by 2, 5 and 7 percent respectively.
Under the new tax regime from July 1, 2017, cars now attract the highest slab of 28 percent, and top of that is the Cess ranging from 1 percent to 22 percent depending on the body style of the vehicle.
The India-specs Ford Endeavour is offered in two engine options: a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel unit producing 158bhp and 385Nm of torque, and a 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel unit developing 197bhp and 470Nm of torque. Both the units come mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
SUVs in the India continue to attract the highest price hike due to the revision in the GST Cess. That said, the Ford Endeavour, which is the second best-selling luxury SUV in India after Toyota Fortuner, is stylish looking and a capable full-size SUV.