TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Operation Khanij Khoj: Why Opening Up Virgin Forests For Iron Ore Is Disastrous For Ballari
- Ayushmann Khurrana's Wife Tahira Kashyap Diagnosed With Stage 0 Breast Cancer!
- Facebook To Soon Unveil New Video Chat Device Called “Portal”
- What Causes Viking Disease And How Does It Develop?
- Agra Has A Red Taj Mahal! Did You Know About It?
- Ford Freestyle To Be Updated With New Features And Colour Option
American electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla recently revealed its new semi-truck with a whopping range of 805km.
Now, Tesla boss Elon Musk has made another surprise announcement. Replying to a query on Twitter, Musk confirmed that the company would build a pickup truck.
Musk stated that Tesla would build an electric pickup truck right after Model Y. He also said that the core design and engineering elements of the pickup truck have been in his mind for over five years and he is dying to build it.
The Tesla Model Y is an electric compact crossover, and the company is yet to reveal the debut timeline. Musk had already teased the idea of a pickup truck during the reveal of semi-truck and announcement of the second-generation Roadster.
Musk also revealed a rendering of the pickup truck which looks like a semi-truck with a pickup bed. When asked about whether the pickup truck will rival the Ford F-150, Musk replied, "Similar total size. Maybe slightly bigger to account for a really game-changing (I think) feature I'd like to add."
But before producing the pickup truck, Tesla will introduce the Model Y crossover which is based on the same platform as the Model 3 sedan. The production of the Model Y is reportedly set to begin by mid-2019.
The Tesla semi-truck was a revolutionary product which could transform the transport industry around the globe. Now, Elon Musk is planning to build another game-changing electric vehicle in the form of a pickup truck. Similar to semi-truck, we expect the pickup truck to sport high performance and an excellent driving range.