TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Datsun India will launch the redi-GO AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) hatchback in January 2018. The Japanese company has not revealed the launch date of the AMT version of the redi-GO; however, it's expected to be launched by the end of January next year.
Datsun first launched the redi-GO in India back in 2016 with an 800cc engine and followed it with a 1.0-litre unit in 2017. Now, Datsun is all set to launch the redi-GO AMT in India offering more option for car buyers.
Also Read: First Drive Review Of Datsun redi-GO 1.0L
The automatic variant of the redi-GO, like its cousin Renault Kwid, will come equipped with a 5-speed AMT gearbox mated to the 1.0-litre engine, while the 0.8-litre unit will continue to employ the existing 5-speed manual gearbox.
Regarding the power output, the 999cc iSAT engine produces 67bhp and 91Nm of torque and comes mated to the AMT gearbox. While the Renault Kwid uses a rotary dial system, it'll be interesting to see if the redi-GO too will get the rotary dial or the conventional gear stick.
With regards to the features, not much is expected to be changed from the manual gearbox variant. The Datsun redi-GO AMT will continue to get the LED daytime running lights, all-black cabin, sporty red accents for the seats, silver finish on the AC vents and the horn pad.
The redi-GO 1.0-litre model features a regular CD player, USB, AUX-in, no Bluetooth, and the driver side airbag will be offered as an optional feature on the top variant.
Currently, Datsun sells the 1.0-litre redi-GO in the T(O) and S variants, so the AMT is also expected to be offered in these variants. The Datsun redi-GO AMT price is expected to be in the range of Rs. 3.5 to 3.7 lakh ex-showroom.
Upon launch, the Datsun redi-GO AMT will compete with the Maruti Alto K10 AMT and the Renault Kwid AMT in India.
The Datsun redi-GO is among the cheapest hatchbacks in the country, and now with the AMT option, car buyers in India will be pampered with choices of AMT cars in India.