- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Finance Bitcoin Slumps Below $45K; Trades At $43.3K On Musk's Latest Comments: Check What He Said This Time
- News Cyclone Tauktae likely to intensify in next 12 hours
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
You get up in the morning. You realise that you are late for work. You do your morning things in a rush. You finally get ready. You go to your car. And your car starts behaving rather strange.
Here are some common car troubles and their solutions, explained as simple as possible:
Cause - It's not your new battery. It is your alternator.
Solution - Replace the alternator, or sometimes you might only have to replace the connections.
Cause - You've hit a hump/pothole large enough to shake some parts loose.
Solution - Locate the sound source. Buy some sound deadening adhesive (If you are a miser, you can go for a chewing gum for small applications). Apply it to places yourself, only if you can put back the parts you pull out.
Cause - Coolant or Engine oil is leaking into the combustion chamber, due to a faulty gasket.
Solution - You can't fix it! Call the service guys, and ensure that you don't run the engine too much.
Cause - Probably some fluid leak somewhere. Check the floor under the car.
Solution - If there are stains on your garage floor, there is obviously a leakage. It is better to drive carefully to the local mechanicif the leak isn't too bad. Trying to fix things yourself, might prove to be a mistake in this case.
Cause - Unbalanced wheel, probably due to some rough road action. In worst cases, it's a faulty steering rack.
Solution - Balance the wheel. Do wheel alignment too for your inner satisfaction.
Cause - The serpentine belt (or fan belt as you may have heard), is slipping.
Solution - Buy a belt recommended for that engine; Can be replaced by loosening either the alternator or the tensioner.
Cause - Low coolant level, coolant leakage or a faulty thermostat (Device that controls the flow of coolant from the radiator to the engine)
Solution - Use a temporary sealant which can withstand high temperatures, to close leaks (while the engine is cold); buy some coolant and fill it in the car. If nothing works, call the mechanic.
Cause - Faulty spark plugs.
Solution - Unless the engine is placed too far for you to access, you can replace the old plugs, using deep socket wrenches.
Cause - Brake pads are faded, or there is a lot of brake dust on the discs/drums.
Solution - Replacing the brake pads might sound easy, but it needs the right tooling.
Cause - Low refrigerant, or a leaking AC hose.
Solution - It's better to leave this to people who know what they are doing, since refrigerants are usually toxic.
So these are the things you might face in your not-so-worst scenarios. Some of them you can fix, and some of them you would think that you can fix, but you cannot. But in general, it is always better to call the local mechanic to do stuff you clearly do not have an idea about.