- BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport Launched In India; Priced At Rs 46.60 Lakh
- BMW E30 3 Series — A Restored Ultimate Driving Machine From India
- BMW 630i GT Luxury Line launched In India; Priced At Rs 61.80 Lakh
- BMW 6-Series GT Diesel Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 66.50 Lakh
- The Gods Were Not Pleased — BMW 5 Series Catches Fire Amidst Sacred Rituals
- 2019 BMW 8 Series M850i Unveiled — The Ultimate Bavarian Grand Tourer?
German automaker BMW is all set to debut the drop-top iteration of the i8 hybrid sports car. Automotive News reports that the i8 Roadster is likely to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2017.
The i8 Roadster is based on the i8 Spyder concept showcased in 2012. The i8 Roadster will hit the roads in 2018 along with the facelifted version of the existing i8.
On the design front, the i8 Roadster will feature the butterfly doors as seen on its hardtop variant, manually removable roof top and an aggressive hump at the rear to accommodate the folding roof.
The BMW i8 Roadster will draw power from a 1.5-litre turbocharged inline three-cylinder engine and an electric motor. The bigger battery and improved engine are expected to deliver a power output of around 400bhp.
BMW is expected to bring in a significant update to the i8 in around 2022. Reports also suggest that the next-gen i8 will be an all-electric car. The German car maker is also set to enter the all-electric racing series, the Formula E.
BMW has previously teased the new i8 Roadster and was supposed to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Auto Show in September. The i8 Roadster is based on the facelifted i8, which is also due in 2018.