- BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport Launched In India; Priced At Rs 46.60 Lakh
- BMW E30 3 Series — A Restored Ultimate Driving Machine From India
- BMW 630i GT Luxury Line launched In India; Priced At Rs 61.80 Lakh
- BMW 6-Series GT Diesel Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 66.50 Lakh
- The Gods Were Not Pleased — BMW 5 Series Catches Fire Amidst Sacred Rituals
- 2019 BMW 8 Series M850i Unveiled — The Ultimate Bavarian Grand Tourer?
While the news was made public in August 2017, the production of the BMW 1 Series in India was stopped back in January 2017. As per Business Line, BMW India is currently producing eight products at its Chennai plant and has discontinued the assembly and sale of the BMW 1 Series.
BMW India launched the 1 Series back in 2013 with a facelift being introduced in 2015. The 1 Series was available with a single 118d Sportline trim and two color options, white and red. The BMW 1 Series 118d Sportline was powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine.
The oil burner churned out 148bhp and 320Nm of torque and came mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox which sent the power to the rear. The last time the BMW 1 Series was on sale in India, it retailed at Rs 31 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The BMW 1 Series was a good performance premium hatchback; however, with the lack of choices and restricted to just the 118d Sportline model; buyers had no option but to opt for the single variant.