TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- WhatsApp Working On Linked Accounts, Vacation Mode And Silent Mode
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Effective Baking Soda Remedies For Athlete's Feet
- Making Men Priority Was A Big Mistake: Neena Gupta
- Nissan Kicks Unveiled In India — Launch In 2019
- OMG! Watch The Crazy Run Out Of Azhar Ali!
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Indian driver Arjun Maini has scored a podium finish in the first GP3 race held at the Abu Dhabi Yas Marina race track.
The race victory went to Finnish driver Niko Kari who claimed his maiden win by beating champion George Russell in a disrupted season finale race.
British driver Russell started the race in pole position and also got a good start from the line. But Kari's teammate, Pulcini was right behind Russell. In the process of defending his position, Russell was overtaken by Kari who stormed into the race lead in the first turn.
Pulcini too passed Russell and were way ahead of the British driver. But the race was neutralised by a virtual safety car. This allowed Russell to close up to Pulcini and also tried to overtake, but he ran over the kerb and overshot the corner.
The top three drivers and India's Arjun Maini were clear of the chasing pack. But a second virtual safety car brought in and at the conclusion of the VSC Russell got better of Pulcini and clinched the second position.
In the penultimate lap of the race, Pulcini's left-rear tyre suffered a puncture which promoted Maini to third place. In the end, Kari won the race by a margin of over two seconds ahead of Russell and Maini finished the race seven seconds adrift the leaders.
Arjun Maini is a talented Indian driver who has been selected as Formula One test driver for Haas F1 team. After clinching victory in the Barcelona GP3 race, now he has claimed a podium position in the final race of the 2017 season.