- Meet Tijil Rao — The Youngest Racer In The 2018 National Racing Championships
- Honda Riders All Set For The Round 2 Of Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship
- Gixxer Cup 2018 By Suzuki Motorcycle India — To Commence From 5th July At Kari Motor Speedway
- Shell Eco-Marathon Coming To India — The First-Of-Its-Kind In Indian Motorsports
- INMRC 2018 Round One: Race Results From Coimbatore
- The X1 Racing League — World’s First City-Based Motorsport Championship League To Happen In India
Indian driver Arjun Maini has scored a podium finish in the first GP3 race held at the Abu Dhabi Yas Marina race track.
The race victory went to Finnish driver Niko Kari who claimed his maiden win by beating champion George Russell in a disrupted season finale race.
British driver Russell started the race in pole position and also got a good start from the line. But Kari's teammate, Pulcini was right behind Russell. In the process of defending his position, Russell was overtaken by Kari who stormed into the race lead in the first turn.
Pulcini too passed Russell and were way ahead of the British driver. But the race was neutralised by a virtual safety car. This allowed Russell to close up to Pulcini and also tried to overtake, but he ran over the kerb and overshot the corner.
The top three drivers and India's Arjun Maini were clear of the chasing pack. But a second virtual safety car brought in and at the conclusion of the VSC Russell got better of Pulcini and clinched the second position.
In the penultimate lap of the race, Pulcini's left-rear tyre suffered a puncture which promoted Maini to third place. In the end, Kari won the race by a margin of over two seconds ahead of Russell and Maini finished the race seven seconds adrift the leaders.
Arjun Maini is a talented Indian driver who has been selected as Formula One test driver for Haas F1 team. After clinching victory in the Barcelona GP3 race, now he has claimed a podium position in the final race of the 2017 season.