- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 9 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News DCGI finds no link between COVID vaccine shot and 'adverse' reaction in Chennai volunteer during trial
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Important that I try to win games for India whenever I play: Shardul Thakur
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
At 79-years-old Rosemary Smith from Dublin, Ireland may seem like a normal old lady to most people. However, the former seamstress has a secret, she likes to go fast, very fast. Smith gave up the stitching job for to become a rally driver and she has wins at the Monte Carlo Rally the Scottish Rally, the Circuit of Ireland Rally, and the Alpine Rally to her name. In 1965, she won the Tulip Rally beating rivals including those from the more-muscle-bound gender.
She's so fast that Renault Sport Formula One team invited her to drive a Renault Sport F1 car as it marked its 40th anniversary in F1. After some coaching from British driver Jolyon Palmer, Smith took the track at the Circuit Paul Ricard in southern France, becoming the oldest person in the world to drive an 800bhp Formula One car.