TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
The first vehicle to be produced by Nikola Motor Company is not the Nikola One semi-truck, but it will be an all-electric utility task vehicle (UTV) and has been named 'Zero'. The Nikola Zero was revealed today with a price tag of $37,500 (approx. Rs 25 lakh) and the company is taking $750 (approx. Rs 50,000) as a refundable deposit.
When the company revealed its plan about the electric UTV, the details of the Nikola Zero is different. The unveiled Zero has a bigger battery with 72kwh instead of the 50kwh and it has "up to 513bhp" rather than just a flat out 513bhp as Nikola had promised.
The Nikola Zero can sprint from 0-60 in just three seconds and the battery has a range between 160 and 320kms. The electric motorsare placed on all four wheels for the Zero and company claims that "Less slip, lesser breakdowns, instant power, better performance, faster response, incredible regenerative stopping power, and true Nikola power anytime, anywhere ... even underwater."
The company also claims that the Zero with the IP67 ratings on all parts, you can submerge the Zero in water and drive out of it. Nikola though does not condone this activity and prohibits for safety reasons.
The charging can be done through three different power sources, the first one will be through the 400-volt generator, where charging will take two hours. The second power source is through the240-volt power outlet, the full charge will take seven hours and the final option is by an 110-volt power outlet, this will take fourteen hours to charge.
The Nikola Zero comes with 20inches of suspension travel and 368mm of ground clearance and could be a capable off-roader. On the inside, the Zero features two 7-inch screens, one defines the instrument cluster and the other is the centre console. The seats have been provided by Beard and are equipped with four-point harnesses to prevent from falling off the seat.