Maruti Suzuki has decided to pass its recently found benefit to its new customers. Excise duty on hybrid and electric vehicles has been reduced to 12.5 percent from the earlier 24 percent. Currently, only the Ciaz SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) by the Japanese-based manufacturer benefits from the reduction in excise duty.
Here is the new pricing for Maruti Suzuki's SHVS range in India:
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDI is priced at Rs. 7.68 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDI (O) is priced at Rs. 7.82 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDI+ is priced at Rs. 8.23 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDI is priced at Rs. 8.89 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDI+ is priced at Rs. 9.50 lakh
Note: All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom (Delhi)
All Maruti Suzuki Ciaz SHVS variants witness a price reduction of approximately Rs. 69,000. Both petrol and diesel engine options will be provided with the SHVS technology, which helps in fuel efficiency as well as improves fuel economy figures.
Suzuki plans on introducing several of their popular products with the SHVS technology. There is a high possibility that the Baleno and even the Vitara Brezza could get the mild hybrid system. The SHVS technology will add more value to the already well-doing products in the Indian market.