TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ‘Voter ID More Powerful Than IED,’ Says PM Modi After Voting In Ahmedabad
- IPL 2019: RR vs DC — Highlights
- Audi's 'The Debriefing' Is A Hilarious Avengers Ad
- Arbaaz Khan On His Wedding With Giorgia: 'Maybe I Will'
- Nintendo Switch Budget Model Likely To Be Launched By The End Of 2019
- ICICI Bank Launches Insta Auto, Two-Wheeler Facility
- Why UTI Cases Are High In Summer
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Honda Cars India showcased their upcoming compact SUV the BR-V at the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi. Most Honda fans and enthusiasts were expecting that the vehicle will be launched during the motor show itself. Now there is a high possibility that the BR-V could launch sometime during May.
Powering the BR-V will be a petrol as well as a diesel engine option. A 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine will be available at the time of launch. The petrol i-VTEC engine will produce 118bhp and 145Nm torque. Honda's diesel i-DTEC engine will generate 99bhp and 200Nm torque. Both engines are likely to be equipped with manual as well as automatic transmissions.
The Japanese automobile manufacturer will be equipping its BR-V with dual front airbags, along with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) as standard. Optional safety equipment will include Hill Start Assist, Vehicle Stability Assist, ISOFIX, and more.
BR-V by Honda uses the same platform utilised by the Brio, Amaze, and Mobilio models. The BR-V will be Honda's very first sub-4 metre compact SUV models for the Indian market. Once launched Honda's compact SUV will compete with Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV3OO.
Currently, Honda is offering the BR-V in the Thailand and Indonesian markets. India will be next in line to receive the all-new BR-V compact SUV by Honda. Stay tuned for more updates from Honda Cars India and their upcoming product offerings for the country.