TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Honda Cars India showcased their upcoming compact SUV the BR-V at the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi. Most Honda fans and enthusiasts were expecting that the vehicle will be launched during the motor show itself. Now there is a high possibility that the BR-V could launch sometime during May.
Powering the BR-V will be a petrol as well as a diesel engine option. A 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine will be available at the time of launch. The petrol i-VTEC engine will produce 118bhp and 145Nm torque. Honda's diesel i-DTEC engine will generate 99bhp and 200Nm torque. Both engines are likely to be equipped with manual as well as automatic transmissions.
The Japanese automobile manufacturer will be equipping its BR-V with dual front airbags, along with ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) as standard. Optional safety equipment will include Hill Start Assist, Vehicle Stability Assist, ISOFIX, and more.
BR-V by Honda uses the same platform utilised by the Brio, Amaze, and Mobilio models. The BR-V will be Honda's very first sub-4 metre compact SUV models for the Indian market. Once launched Honda's compact SUV will compete with Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV3OO.
Currently, Honda is offering the BR-V in the Thailand and Indonesian markets. India will be next in line to receive the all-new BR-V compact SUV by Honda. Stay tuned for more updates from Honda Cars India and their upcoming product offerings for the country.