- 13 hrs ago Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQS Luxury Electric Vehicle Revealed: The New Standard For Luxurious EVs?
- 14 hrs ago Honda Cars India Recall Campaign Extended Over Possible Faulty Fuel Pump: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Cars Prices Increased On Select Models: Here Are All Details
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Says He Likes Validation For His Work; 'Actors Usually Shy Away From Talking About That'
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For April 17; Get Free Starter Pack Today
- News Watch: To skip COVID test, passengers make a run out of railway station in Bihar’s Buxar
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- Finance TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Mindtree: How These IT Giants Performed In Q4FY21?
- Sports Portuguese GP: Bagnaia makes his mark as Marquez proves his speed
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Luxury in cars was introduced to India by Mercedes-Benz back in 1996 with the launch of E-Class. The journey for the company in India has a cult following, let us look at their history of the E-Class in the country.
Mercedes-Benz W124 Series - First Generation
This car was the first to be sold officially in India in 1995 and has captured the hearts of everyone. The first generation car was built to last and Mercedes's luxury features never cease to amaze.
The unique wiper blades for the headlamp still brings nostalgia as this was a first in India, every other manufacturer in India did not dare to even impersonate them.
Mercedes-Benz W210 Series - Second Generation
The second generation was launched in 1997 and the design language was much ahead of its time. The dual oval shaped headlamps is still the best luxury sedan ever features seen. This car was more spacious compared to its predecessor due its longer wheelbase.
It was not just in India, globally the car was one of the best selling cars at its time, even though it was high priced and was placed in the upmarket.
Mercedes-Benz W211 Series - Third Generation
Mercedes-Benz launched the W211 in 2002 in India and was more refined and very nicely evolved from its previous avatar. The company started to become serious with its offering in India seeing the potential that the country possessed for Mercedes-Benz.
The car featured bi-xenon lights and automatic climate control which India is seeing now on some of the cars.
Mercedes-Benz W212 Series - Fourth Generation
The company launched the W212 in 2009, the car sported most of the current trend like the LED DRL's. The car looked more aggressive and sharper in its edges, it was the most important car for the company in terms of sales.
The split four-headlamps epitomises what the company stands for and they started to take India seriously as the country was witnessing higher economy and buyers increased.
Mercedes-Benz W213 Series - Fifth Generation
The fifth generation saw 20 years of existence in India for Mercedes and the car was launched along the line of the global launch. The car is capable of pilot itself and can go up to a speed of 210kmph.
The car is modern and aggressive in its stance and the three-pointed star was embossed on the front grille.
Mercedes-Benz and its E-Class has grown along with India and its offering of luxury will not cease to thrill everyone.