A family from Florida, U.S has just lost a Jeep Cherokee and a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 after the phone left on a charger burst into flames on Monday, destroying itself and the Cherokee.
According to the reports, Nathan Dornacher and wife Lydia were cruising garage sales in Florida with their daughter. They stopped at home to unload a furniture they had purchased earlier.
While carrying the furniture out of the Cherokee, Nathan left his brand-new Galaxy Note 7 charging in the centre console. When the family was back in the garage, they were shocked to see the Jeep's interior engulfed in flames, and thick black smoke pouring out.
The St. Petersburg Fire department responded to the incident, but it was too late to save the Cherokee. The fire completely destroyed the vehicle, which was heavily modified with aftermarket parts.
The Galaxy Note 7 has already gained a reputation for spontaneous combustion. Samsung has issued a recall for the phone in ten countries after thirty-five cases reported of Galaxy Note 7 catching fire or exploding.
via FOX 13