TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Traders In Terrorists’ Clothing: Suspending LoC Trade A Much Needed Decision
- IPL 2019: RCB Vs KXIP — Highlights
- Petrol, Diesel Prices Left Unchanged As Crude Oil Price Softens Overseas
- Ather Energy Launch In Chennai: Date Revealed
- OnePlus 7 Pro Costs Shockingly Higher Than The OnePlus 6T
- Katrina Gets Extremely Emotional; Posts A Heartfelt Message
- What Is Moxibustion Therapy?
- Trip To Mirzapur
Commercial vehicle giant Ashok Leyland has launched the Circuit Series - first electric bus which is completely manufactured in India.
The electric bus is designed and engineered in India, for India and by Indians. The bus is a non-polluting vehicle with zero-emission which is purpose built for Indian conditions.
The newly launched electric vehicles will be offered on multiple platforms. Back in April 2015, Ashok Leyland had committed to fully electric vehicles by January 2017 and now has delivered ahead of schedule.
The circuit series buses are exclusively engineered on Indian specific platforms that can withstand various conditions.
The electric bus is equipped with fire detection and suppression system (FDSS). This purely Indian-made electric vehicle has a range of 120km on a single charge.
The electric bus is built on a mass market platform which can be used in cities with minimum operational and maintenance costs.
Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, Vinod K Dasari said, "The Circuit series of buses is another testament to Ashok Leyland's commitment to leverage India's technological innovation to deliver relevant and best-in-class solutions for India and the world."
He added, "The product that will enhance the environment in the cities - this is in keeping with Ashok Leyland's philosophy of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet."
Read Also: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - Petrol Variant To Be Launched By May 2017