TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Commercial vehicle giant Ashok Leyland has launched the Circuit Series - first electric bus which is completely manufactured in India.
The electric bus is designed and engineered in India, for India and by Indians. The bus is a non-polluting vehicle with zero-emission which is purpose built for Indian conditions.
The newly launched electric vehicles will be offered on multiple platforms. Back in April 2015, Ashok Leyland had committed to fully electric vehicles by January 2017 and now has delivered ahead of schedule.
The circuit series buses are exclusively engineered on Indian specific platforms that can withstand various conditions.
The electric bus is equipped with fire detection and suppression system (FDSS). This purely Indian-made electric vehicle has a range of 120km on a single charge.
The electric bus is built on a mass market platform which can be used in cities with minimum operational and maintenance costs.
Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, Vinod K Dasari said, "The Circuit series of buses is another testament to Ashok Leyland's commitment to leverage India's technological innovation to deliver relevant and best-in-class solutions for India and the world."
He added, "The product that will enhance the environment in the cities - this is in keeping with Ashok Leyland's philosophy of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet."
Read Also: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - Petrol Variant To Be Launched By May 2017