- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports India vs West Indies: Highlights: Rahane and Bumrah torment West Indies as India seal first Test in clinical fashion
- Movies Hrithik Roshan: Entertainment Value Of A Film Is Most Important For Me
- News Local truck driver killed in stone pelting in Kashmir’s Anantnag
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Commercial vehicle giant Ashok Leyland has launched the Circuit Series - first electric bus which is completely manufactured in India.
The electric bus is designed and engineered in India, for India and by Indians. The bus is a non-polluting vehicle with zero-emission which is purpose built for Indian conditions.
The newly launched electric vehicles will be offered on multiple platforms. Back in April 2015, Ashok Leyland had committed to fully electric vehicles by January 2017 and now has delivered ahead of schedule.
The circuit series buses are exclusively engineered on Indian specific platforms that can withstand various conditions.
The electric bus is equipped with fire detection and suppression system (FDSS). This purely Indian-made electric vehicle has a range of 120km on a single charge.
The electric bus is built on a mass market platform which can be used in cities with minimum operational and maintenance costs.
Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, Vinod K Dasari said, "The Circuit series of buses is another testament to Ashok Leyland's commitment to leverage India's technological innovation to deliver relevant and best-in-class solutions for India and the world."
He added, "The product that will enhance the environment in the cities - this is in keeping with Ashok Leyland's philosophy of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet."
Read Also: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - Petrol Variant To Be Launched By May 2017