- 56 min ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Dealerships Introduce Car Safety Bubble: Ensures Sanitised Cars At The Time Of Delivery
- 3 hrs ago Honda Hornet 2.0 Review (First Ride): Best Handling Motorcycle In The Segment?
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- News Explained: Why are farmers protesting in Delhi, what is it all about?
- Sports India vs Australia: Irfan Pathan questions Indian bowlers consistency
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Probable Reasons Why Samyuktha Karthik Got Eliminated From The Kamal Haasan Show
- Lifestyle 7 Signs You Are Being Self-Centered In Your Relationship
- Technology Realme UI 2.0 Early Access Update For Realme 7 Pro Rolling Out In India
- Education TNUSRB Constable Admit Card 2020 Released, Download At tnusrbonline.org
- Finance What Is The difference Between Equity Mutual Funds And Shares?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Commercial vehicle giant Ashok Leyland has launched the Circuit Series - first electric bus which is completely manufactured in India.
The electric bus is designed and engineered in India, for India and by Indians. The bus is a non-polluting vehicle with zero-emission which is purpose built for Indian conditions.
The newly launched electric vehicles will be offered on multiple platforms. Back in April 2015, Ashok Leyland had committed to fully electric vehicles by January 2017 and now has delivered ahead of schedule.
The circuit series buses are exclusively engineered on Indian specific platforms that can withstand various conditions.
The electric bus is equipped with fire detection and suppression system (FDSS). This purely Indian-made electric vehicle has a range of 120km on a single charge.
The electric bus is built on a mass market platform which can be used in cities with minimum operational and maintenance costs.
Managing Director, Ashok Leyland, Vinod K Dasari said, "The Circuit series of buses is another testament to Ashok Leyland's commitment to leverage India's technological innovation to deliver relevant and best-in-class solutions for India and the world."
He added, "The product that will enhance the environment in the cities - this is in keeping with Ashok Leyland's philosophy of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet."
Read Also: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - Petrol Variant To Be Launched By May 2017