- 3 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 4 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- News India's Astrosat completes 5 years of mapping stars, galaxies in space
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Sports French Open 2020: Serena Williams sees off Ahn again in slam opener
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan's Show Premieres With A Few Tweaks & A Strong Message!
- Finance Muthoot Fincorp NCD Opens For Subscription; Offers Upto 9.6% Returns
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Shows Us How To Pull Off Semi-Formal And Fashionable Look In The Sassiest Way
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Eicher Motors and Polaris Industries are building a small vehicle, targeting farmers and the bottom end of the market, which has the capacity to carry a decent load as well as carry people. The companies have already committed INR 250 crores for this project.
The vehicle, which will be put into commercial production most likely in May, will be a 600cc diesel vehicle. The vehicle, which is still under the approving stage, will likely be available in two versions, either a double cabin pick up or a multi purpose van.
With Polaris' inputs of off-roading expertise and experience, this new vehicle may have enough abilities to take the vehicle beyond usual tarmac.
Although Eicher-Polaris have not decided the price of the vehicle, it sure will be affordable since it is targeted at the entry level market.
The new vehicle will be built on a tubular platform and the 600cc diesel engine will be sourced from Greaves Cotton.
This new vehicle will be built in a new factory in Jaipur and the Joint Venture (JV) will initially build 10,000 to 12,000 units and later increase it to 1,00,000 units. The JV also has plans of export.