- 11 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 12 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News RRB NTPC Admit Card 2019 tentative date: 1,70,000 vacancies to be filled up
- Technology Fossil Sport Smartwatch Review: A Smart Yet Premium Masterpiece
- Sports Manchester United move 'near impossible' for Coutinho
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
In a time where everyone expects that the automobile sector will not do very well, a few manufactures have managed to stay afloat and register growth by introducing new and interesting products. We check the sales report for the month of May 2014 and compare it to how the manufactures performed in the same month last year.
We have analysed the details and have prepared a list of the top five manufacturers with the best sales report for May, 2014. It is no surprise to us that the list has a mix of Japanese, South Korean as well as Indian manufacturers in it.
Top Five Best Selling Car Manufacturers In May 2014!
Here is a list of the top five best selling car manufacturers for the month of May, 2014. We go ahead in the reverse order by giving you the fifth best manufacturer first, and move up the order.
Number 5: Toyota
Toyota Kirloskar Motor recently launched two new products in the Indian market: the Etios Cross and the 11th generation Corolla Altis. The Japanese manufacturer sold 11,833 vehicles in May, 2014 compared to 10,023 vehicles in May, 2013. This is a growth of 18%, out of which the Innova was still their best seller. The Etios Cross has received a positive welcome and will definitely be a contributor in the coming months.
Number 4: Honda
Honda's most loved vehicle, the City has been a favourite of many sedan buyers. This has caused a decline in sales of its Amaze vehicle but the Japanese manufacturer is not bothered by it. In the month of May, 2014 Honda sold over 13,362 vehicles compared to 11,342 vehicles that it sold in May, 2013. They have achieved a growth of 18% and are believed to grow further with its soon-to-launch Mobilio MPV.
Number 3: Mahindra
Mahindra, the largest Utility Vehicle manufacturer in India, is witnessing a dip in sales of its passenger vehicles. The Indian manufacturer has reported a decline in growth, though we have included them as they are the third highest sellers for the month. In May, 2014 Mahindra sold 18,085 vehicles, while in May, 2013 they sold 22,244 vehicles - a decline of 19%. Mahindra is planning to introduce a sub-four-metre SUV in India, however it will be a long while before the vehicle is launched.
Number 2: Hyundai
The launch of Hyundai's new compact sedan, the Xcent has turned around the fortunes of the South Korean manufacturer. In the month of May, 2014 Hyundai accomplished sales of 36,205 vehicles. In the previous year in the month of May, the manufacturer sold 32,102 vehicles. Thus, this year saw an increase of 12.8% in total sales. Their sales might only grow further with the launch of its facelifted i20, which is slated for the festive season this year.
Number 1: Maruti Suzuki
There seems to be no other manufacturer that can steal the spotlight away from Maruti Suzuki. Sales have been boosted significantly owing to the popularity of the Celerio. The Japanese manufacturer is also expected to launch the Alivio sedan as well as the S-Cross within this year. Majority of the sales have come from the Celerio, Ritz and Swift hatchback. Maruti Suzuki sold 90,560 vehicles in May, 2014, while in May, 2013 they managed to sell 77,821 vehicles, seeing an increase of 16.4%. We expect the Japanese manufacturer to only grow further in the coming months.