- 8 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 13 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Donald Trump's trial, Biden's Cabinet picks await Senate post-siege
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Road Transport Ministry Of India has signed up Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as the ambassador to promote road safety in India.
This move was taken by the government to reduce the number of accidents on Indian roads and educate people about the hazards of driving dangerously.
This partnership with the government though is not the first time for the actor. Khan is already working in the Atithi Devo Bhava campaign with the tourism ministry.
The Bollywood actor met Nitin Gadkari, the Road Transport Minister on monday for his new role to promote awareness and the official announcement will be made soon.
Khan recently anchored a TV show called Satyamev Jayate, which was about road accidents.
Around four years ago, Aamir Khan was featured in a two-wheeler commercial that urges riders to ride safe instead of dangerously.
According to statistics by the road ministry, nearly five lakh accidents occur every year in India, in which 25 percent of them result in fatalities.
The Road Ministry of India estimates that the GDP growth would get a 4 percent boost, only by increasing the efficiency and safety of road transport.