- 1 hr ago Honda Dio BS6 Prices Increased For The Third Time Since Launch: New Price List Details
- 2 hrs ago New Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.26 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 3 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Host Kiccha Sudeep To Return With The New Season In January 2021
- Technology Vivo V20 Pro India Launch Officially Confirmed; Pre-Orders Also Live
- Sports ISL is the new home of A League players
- News PM Modi tops social media 'trends' on Google, Twitter and YouTube
- Finance Bharti Infratel Shares Rose 26.5% In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Best Beauty Moments From The American Music Awards 2020
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Japanese automobile giant Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India have joined hands for the sixth edition of its Young Driver competition. The preliminary stages will be held in July and August, 2014.
The finale of Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver 2014 will be held in New Delhi. The sole motive of this type of contest is to imbibe responsible driving amongst the younger generation. To participate individuals can register here.
Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor, Autocar India, commented, "Autocar India takes pride in being associated with Maruti Suzuki for this initiative, now in its sixth edition, which aims to make young drivers aware of the dangers of rash and perilous driving."
He further added, "Driving responsibly is our motto be it in any car or any terrain. We hope to reach out to the youth of the country and educate them in driving safe and maintaining road discipline."
There will be three phases of the competition - persons between 18 to 30 years can register online. The first phase is currently on in the form of a quiz test. The second phase will test skills of an individual in terms of driving.
Phase three is the final and will be held in Delhi and participants will be judged on 20 parameters. They will judged on safety issues, vehicle control and theory knowledge as well as its application. The winner of Maruti Suzuki Autocar Young Driver 2014, will drive home in an Alto 800.
Mayank Pareek, COO- Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, expressed, "Maruti Suzuki is a firm believer in propagating safe driving as a cause and Autocar India shares the same vision. We believe that Maruti Suzuki- Autocar Young Driver is a brilliant property to encourage the youth to drive safely."
DON'T MISS: VIDEO OF THE DAY