- 18 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The 2014 Desert Storm, the 12th edition of India's toughest endurance race, recently came to a conclusion. The rally brought together cars and two wheelers from all across India and even from outside to the grueling heat of Thar desert, where they competed with each other over 3000 km, across locations like Sardarshahar, Bikaner, Jaisalmer & Jaipur.
In all 55 teams in Xtreme category, 30 teams in Ndure and 20 teams in Xplore category took part in this year's edition of Desert Storm. Emerging as the overall winner (1st in the Xtreme category) for the first time was Team Mahindra Adventure's Super XUV500.
Mahindra's XUV 500 was driven by multi-time Desert Storm winner Sunny Sidhu (Driver) & PVS Murthy (Co-driver). What's even more commendable is that this is the first time a diesel vehicle has won a tough rally such as this, contrary to popular belief that petrol vehicles are superior to diesel engined ones.
Mahindra Adventure bagged the 2nd, 3rd & 4th places in the last year's edition of the Desert Storm.
Sunny Sidhu / P.V.S. Murthy (Mahindra Adventure) Position 1 (12:47:42)
Sandeep Sharma / Varun Davessar (Team Thunderbolt) Position 2 (13:08:20)
Amarjeet Pal Buwal / Nakul Mendiratta (Team Thunderbolt) Position 3 (13:13.34)
Lohitt Urs / K. Kumar (Mahindra Adventure) Position 4 (13:18:35)
Commenting on the success of the XUV500, Mr. Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "After annihilating the competition at the INSUVRC, with this spectacular win at the Desert Storm 2014 the cheetah inspired Super XUV500 has unmistakably marked its territory in the extreme rally-raid format in India. The Super XUV500 is on a winning streak and will continue to create history and make & break records in times to come. We dedicate this unprecedented win to millions of Mahindra customers & fans across the nation ."