TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
The 2014 Desert Storm, the 12th edition of India's toughest endurance race, recently came to a conclusion. The rally brought together cars and two wheelers from all across India and even from outside to the grueling heat of Thar desert, where they competed with each other over 3000 km, across locations like Sardarshahar, Bikaner, Jaisalmer & Jaipur.
In all 55 teams in Xtreme category, 30 teams in Ndure and 20 teams in Xplore category took part in this year's edition of Desert Storm. Emerging as the overall winner (1st in the Xtreme category) for the first time was Team Mahindra Adventure's Super XUV500.
Mahindra's XUV 500 was driven by multi-time Desert Storm winner Sunny Sidhu (Driver) & PVS Murthy (Co-driver). What's even more commendable is that this is the first time a diesel vehicle has won a tough rally such as this, contrary to popular belief that petrol vehicles are superior to diesel engined ones.
Mahindra Adventure bagged the 2nd, 3rd & 4th places in the last year's edition of the Desert Storm.
Sunny Sidhu / P.V.S. Murthy (Mahindra Adventure) Position 1 (12:47:42)
Sandeep Sharma / Varun Davessar (Team Thunderbolt) Position 2 (13:08:20)
Amarjeet Pal Buwal / Nakul Mendiratta (Team Thunderbolt) Position 3 (13:13.34)
Lohitt Urs / K. Kumar (Mahindra Adventure) Position 4 (13:18:35)
Commenting on the success of the XUV500, Mr. Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "After annihilating the competition at the INSUVRC, with this spectacular win at the Desert Storm 2014 the cheetah inspired Super XUV500 has unmistakably marked its territory in the extreme rally-raid format in India. The Super XUV500 is on a winning streak and will continue to create history and make & break records in times to come. We dedicate this unprecedented win to millions of Mahindra customers & fans across the nation ."