- 14 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Chandigarh State Transport Authority (STA) has authorised only three radio taxi operators to operate in Chandigarh.
The authorities, taking the Delhi incident into deep consideration, have authorised only three companies to ply on Chandigarh roads.
The three authorised radio taxi operators are:
- Mega Cabs
- Fab Cabs
Only these three brands have been authorised to operate as per 2006 Radio Taxi Scheme of the Chandigarh Administration.
Stash Jain, STA Secretary said that among multiple operators offering services, only three are authorised and the rest are unauthorised.
He said, "We will take action against them as these taxi operators do not conform to Radio Taxi scheme of UT Chandigarh Administration."
Among other taxi service providers, many radio taxi services that run with the help of mobile applications are running their business and cars under the "All India Permit System", claim STA officials.
This step taken towards making taxi operators strict came after the incident in Delhi where a woman executive was allegedly raped by a driver working for Uber Cabs.