- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 6 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 8 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 9 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Movies Mani Ratnam & Arvind Swamy To Team Up For A Love Story!
- Sports Premier League confirms four positive tests
- News Toddler tries to wake up dead mother at Bihar railway station brings out hardships of migrant worker
- Technology Honor 9X Pro Next Sale On May 28 In India: Price, Offers, And Specification
- Lifestyle 5 Times Taapsee Pannu Flaunted Her Distinctive Style In Gorgeous Outfits On Red Carpet
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra has just launched its new car, the Verito Vibe, a model that is based on the Verito sedan. The Verito Vibe's distinguishing factor has been its odd looking rear end, which is the result of its losing the extended boot, a decision that Mahindra took to join the new sub 4 meter Indian car club.
By cutting it short to 3991 mm Mahindra has achieved the goal of bringing down the cost. The Verito Vibe now sells for INR 5.6 lakhs, which is approximately INR 50,000 less than the equivalent Verito sedan variant. However, this has also resulted in the Vibe inheriting a strange looking rear end.
Keeping aside the point about the odd design, another matter that comes up is about the segment the Vibe should sit in. Is it a hatchback? It's not, since the boot lid does not open like one. A compact sedan then perhaps? We are not sure of that either since Mahindra itself prefered to call it, not a hatch, not a sedan, but simply a compact car.
Never-the-less, lets compare the Verito Vibe against a few other sub 4 meter compact sedans and premium hatchbacks and see how the boot real estate stack up.
Mahindra Verito Vibe: 330 liters
Price for base diesel variant: INR INR 5.6 lakhs (All prices are ex-showroom)
Honda Amaze: 400 liters
Price for the base diesel variant: INR 6 lakhs
Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire: 315 liters
Price for base diesel variant: INR 6.4 lakhs
Maruti Suzuki Swift: 204 liter
Price for base diesel model: INR 5.7 lakhs
Hyundai i20: 295 liters
Price for base diesel variant: INR 6 lakhs
VW Polo: 280 liters
Price for base diesel variant: INR 6.11 lakhs