- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Facelift Launched In India At Rs 6.29 Lakh – New Features, CNG & More
- 6 hrs ago 2023 Honda Activa 6G Smart Key Variant Launched At Rs 80,537 - India's Most Popular Scooter Gets Smarter
- 9 hrs ago Citroen eC3 Pre-Bookings Commence – Check Out All Details
- 1 day ago Mahindra Scorpio N Prices Hiked Up To Rs 1 Lakh – Base Variant Now Costs Rs 12.74 Lakh
- Movies KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: Suniel Shetty Spill Beans About Newlyweds’ Reception; Reveals When It Will Tak
- News Obtain residents’ informed consent before Aadhaar authentications: UIDAI
- Sports KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty Wedding: 'They are officially a couple now,' declares Bollywood actor Suniel Shetty
- Technology Samsung India Betting Big On 5G Smartphones; Expects 75% sales in 2023
- Travel The World’s most Overrated Holiday destination in 2023
- Finance Power Sector PSU Stock Fixes Record Date For Dividend, Emkay Global Suggests Buy For Gain
- Education NMIMS Admission: School of Performing Arts will be closing registration for BA Indian, Western Music Soon
- Lifestyle Swami Vivekanandas Invaluable Advice For The Students Of Today
Tata Motors revealed the updated Sierra Concept at Auto Expo 2023. In this first look review of the Tata Sierra Concept, we take a look at the design & features of the updated SUV concept revealed at Auto Expo 2023.
The Tata Sierra Concept showcased at Auto Expo is a more production-ready version of the Sierra EV concept showcased at the previous edition of the auto show in 2020.
Tata Sierra Concept Design & Features - Nearly Ready For Production
The Tata Sierra Concept showcased at Auto Expo looks ready to hit the streets with the new version of the SUV now sporting a more regular design set with 5 doors and what appear to be a rather snazzy set of wheels.
At the front, the Sierra Concept from Auto Expo 2023 sports a lightbar that stretches across the width of the front end of the SUV. Underneath the lightbar sits the Tata badge on a closed-off grille.
The front bumper sports triangular cutouts on each side which are connected together. On the upper section of these cutouts are what appear to be more lights which suggest that the production car could sport a more conventional split headlamp setup. The front skid plate features triangular extensions which play host to rectangular fog lamps.
The sides of the new Sierra Concept sport squared-off wheelarches which play host to a set of rather nice-looking alloys which do look like they could enter production.
The side profile of the concept still looks like a neo-retro version of the OG Sierra but with two doors on each side. The thick B pillar looks brilliant and as does the wraparound glass area.
At the rear, the Sierra sports a sculpted rear wing integrated with the roof and a sleek lightbar style fullwidth taillight with the Sierra name embedded into it. Underneath the lightbar sits the Tata badge and below that can be seen a properly large rear bash plate setup that looks to be able to handle the toughest of hits.
Step inside the Sierra Concept's cabin and you get a better picture of how production-ready the SUV is. The layered dashboard has a mix of different materials and features two large widescreen displays for the infotainment and the instrumentation.
Sitting ahead of the driver's display is a chunky flat-bottomed steering wheel with capacitive and scrollable controls. Lower down on the dashboard you can find controls for the climate control setup which also looks to be a touchscreen unit.
The seats of the Tata Sierra Concept are large and look to be rather comfortable. The concept vehicle showcased at Auto Expo 2023 was a four-seater with the rear seats featuring some rather crazy large headrests. A version of the Sierra SUV with this kind of layout is expected to make it into production but the vehicle is expected to be mainly offered as a five-seater when it arrives next year.
Tata Sierra Powertrain Options
The Tat Sierra shown off at Auto Expo 2023 was an EV. However, the Sierra is expected to arrive in both EV & ICE guises next year. The EV version, which will be the flagship model based on Tata's Gen 2 EV setup is expected to offer a range of around 500km on a single charge.
The ICE version of the Sierra will sport the new 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that Tata Motors recently greenlit and then showcased alongside a new 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine at Auto Expo 2023. The 1.5-litre engine is rated at 167.6bhp and 280Nm and is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options.
Thoughts About The Tata Sierra Concept From Auto Expo 2023
The Tata Sierra Concept showcased at Auto Expo 2023 gave us a good look into the next flagship vehicle from Tata Motors. Even in this near-production-ready guise, the Sierra looks to be a more sophisticated and luxurious SUV than the Safari and we expect it to be another winner for Tata Motors when it arrives sometime next year.