- 24 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
HOP Electric Mobility launches India's first battery swapping and charging station called 'HOP Energy Network'. The brand has already started its pilot network with 5 Swapping stations and 50 Batteries in Jaipur earlier this year.
In six months the pilot station in Jaipur has already swapped over 2000 batteries adding 1,40,000+ clean kilometres.
Regarding the expansion of HOP Energy Network stations, the company aims to install at the existing petrol pumps, malls, parking lots and general stores. This will avoid any additional infrastructure for the setup and makes for easier adoption and expansion.
The Jaipur, company aims to expand the swapping and charging network for electric two-wheelers to tier-I cities like Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gurugram, Noida.
Two Wheeler Charging Solutions & Subscription
At HOP Energy Network charging stations, customers can replace their discharged battery with a fully charged battery in less than 30 seconds. These swapping/charging stations are fully automated and has a capacity of 150 fully charged batteries every day.
The stations are equipped with NFC and a 15-inch HMI touch screen and are designed for easy self-use and round the clock operations.
Customers can opt for a HOP Energy network subscription, that provides benefits such as no hassle of owning batteries, which will reduce the up-front of the HOP electric scooter by 40 per cent. They also get access to the latest battery technologies and a lifetime warranty on their batteries.
Subscribers get unlimited battery swaps at any station for Rs 2,500 per month.
Per Kilometer Plan:
This is called as 'Pay As You Go' service. Consumers use the service at Rs 1/km only for the kilometres they ride.
Additionally, the battery swap and charging stations will ensure to keep batteries cool while charging, which results in long durability and optimal performance.
Ketan Mehta, CEO and founder of HOP Electric Mobility, said, "Today, we are living in a hyper-aware society which is concerned about climate changes and global warming. Electric scooters have already proven that they are sustainable, renewable and economical. With HOP energy network customers will be able to save both time and money."
He further added, "Our charging stations are equipped with cutting-edge technology where users will be able to replace their batteries within 30 seconds with hassle-free replacement. Only a handful of companies are enabling users in such a drastic manner and we are one of them."
Thoughts About India's First Electric Scooter Battery Swapping & Charging Station
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing at a rapid pace. As a result, brands selling electric vehicles are also introducing various solutions for charging. This eliminates the range anxiety and provides hassle-free ownership, which is currently a rear scenario for EVs in India. However, HOP Electric Mobility aims to change improve charging solutions with the launch of the HOP Energy Network battery swap and charging station.