- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 16 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 20 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News The JMB trail: How Bengaluru became a happy hunting ground for these terrorists
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown results and highlights: October 18, 2019
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Elimination: Shocking! Mahira Sharma Safe; Abu Or Dey - Who Might Get Evicted?
- Lifestyle World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The list of top-selling bikes in India for the month of May 2019 has been released. The list showcases the Hero Splendor continue its dominance in the Indian market, topping the list consistently every month.
Here is the list of the top-10 motorcycles sold in India during the month of May 2019:
|Rank ||Model ||May 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Hero Splendor ||2,67,450 |
|2 ||Hero HF Deluxe ||1,83,255 |
|3 ||Honda CB Shine ||92,069 |
|4 ||Bajaj Pulsar ||86,145 |
|5 ||Hero Passion ||69,663 |
|6 ||Hero Glamour ||69,379 |
|7 ||Bajaj Platina ||59,938 |
|8 ||TVS Apache ||41,398 |
|9 ||Bajaj CT ||38,709 |
|10 ||Royal Enfield Classic 350 ||35,998 |
The Hero Splendor continues its dominance in the Indian motorcycle segment once again in May 2019 as well. The entry-level commuter motorcycle has recorded sales of 2,67,450 units last month; an increase of around 40,000 units from April 2019.
Hero recently celebrated 25 years of the Splendor in the Indian market. To celebrate the occasion, Hero introduced a special edition model of the commuter motorcycle in the market. The special edition Splendor motorcycle is offered with a host of cosmetic updates, making it more attractive — read here for more details.
Continuing down the list, the second position on the list is occupied by another Hero offering, the HF Deluxe. This commuter motorcycle, similar to the Splendor brings in consistent volume sales to the Indian motorcycle brand. The Hero HF Deluxe in May 2019 recorded a sales of 1,83,255 units.
Third on the list of top-selling bikes in India is the Honda CB Shine. The Japanese brand is one of the biggest competitors to Hero MotoCorp in the Indian market. The Honda CB Shine is one of the most popular offerings from the Japanese brand in India in the motorcycle segment. The CB Shine occupies the third position in the list with 92,069 units of sales in May 2019.
The middle part of the table is occupied by Bajaj, Hero and TVS brands The Pulsar range comes in fourth position, followed by the Hero Passion, Hero Glamour, Bajaj Platina and the TVS Apache respectively.
The bottom two slots on in the top-10 list is occupied by the Bajaj CT 100 and the Royal enfield Classic 350 models. The CT 100 in ninth has 38,709 units of recorded sales while the Classic 350 sold 35,998 units in May 2019.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Bikes In India For May 2019
The Top-selling bike list in India is usually made up of the same set of motorcycles in the top-five slots. However the bottom five in the list keep varying depending on new models introduced in the country almost every month. However, even with all the new launches and attractive models available, Hero MotoCorp has continued to dominate the segment with its two commuter offerings.